Sony Xperia Z1 Black Unlocked US Version review

Sony Xperia Z1  Black Unlocked US Version review



I had xperia z1 phone for a month now through StraightTalk's bring your own phone plan. Everything works amazing and I have no problems with it. No 4G but that does not bother me because the 3G works amazing and only paying $45 a month for unlimited everything with a phone like this, why should I be picky about a little bit faster speed. Phone is great, if youre on the fence about buying this, BUY IT! its worth it!

Pros:

-xperia z1 with Straight Talk Bring Your Own Phone $45 Unlimited Everything Plan. And works like a charm with fast speed!
-Water proof (and beer proof too =D)
-Amazing Camera
-Good speaker
-Use my PS3 controller with it
-Use the PSP Emulator on HD graphics setting with no lag. Amazing for a phone!
-Screen looks crystal clear (sometimes I watch Hulu and Netflix and the phone instead of my TV)
-Feels like a premium phone and not something with plastic built
-xperia z1 Rom is an amazing home screen.

Cons:
-No 4G (but not that big of a deal)
-When I first put my 64GB Micro SD card in, it deleted everything without promting me to format. I had to get all my music back.
-Sometimes my widgets stop working. Have to reboot the phone. Only happens about once every one to two weeks
-Compare to the Galaxy S3 the sound quality for music output is ehhhh. (but still not bad)
-Great Camera - Sometimes I feel like I'm using a DSLR (especially using addon apps). The nighttime photos are even great. And more recently, if you unlock you can get 4k video + 120 FPS - crazy slow mo.
- Great Apps - most apps can be disabled that you don't like, but this is only of the only phones I have kept more than half of the "bloat" ware. Unlike Samsung, Sony decided to make some useful apps.
- Updates/Upgrades - This phone is expected to upgrade to the latest "L" android so you have nothing to worry about.
-Sleek look - If you look at this phone without a case, I would say its one of the best looking phones out there. It just looks and feels "premium".
- Waterproof/Dustproof - I don't worry about sweating my phone to death now, so i've got that going...which is nice.

Cons:

1. Whats New App - seriously the dumbest app known to man. And they placed it near google now to I guess compete with it. You can disable it without root, but you need to do it with your computer and adb drivers (pretty easy once you read up on it).
2. Slippery - this phone feels like it's made of a slightly melted butter stick - get a rubberized case as soon as possible or you will drop it. I wish Sony would send me the lube they are using to make this glass... for science.

in general  view





Sony Xperia Z1  Awesome device, performs completely up to expectations. Also, swimming with my phone is cool. Would definitely recommend this device to others




Previous
Next Post »